Don’t let the winter wreak havoc on your life. Use these top winter weather hacks custom curated just for you to take the edge off winter and maybe even enjoy it a bit.
1. You should always keep an emergency kit in your car in case it breaks down. For winter, add a pair of warm gloves and a hat. (Via Reddit LPT)
2. Have something in the car to help with traction in case you get stuck in the snow. Good examples include sand, salt, kitty litter, or for a quick fix your floor mats. (Via Reddit LPT) Bonus: you can also keep an extra pair of socks in the car to put over your shoes for situations where you need to push the car and your feet need the traction. (Via Reddit LPT)
3. If you do get stuck in snow, make sure your exhaust is clear! The snow around it might not melt and it could cause the gases to come into the car. People have died this way. This could save your life. (Via Reddit LPT)
4. Air dry your laundry indoors during the winter to humidify a space, save money, and extend the life of your clothes. (Via Reddit LPT)
5. Use cut up pool noodles to keep winter boots from slumping and wrinkling. (Via Imgur)
6. Whenever you take a bath in the winter don’t drain the tub right away. Wait for the water to cool so the residual heat and humidity releases into the air. Otherwise you’ll be throwing money down the drain. (Via Reddit LPT)
7. When shovelling snow, spray some lubricant like silicone spray or even pam onto the blade to prevent the snow from sticking. (Via Reddit LPT)
8. If your nostrils get dry in the winter and make you prone to nosebleeds, rub some petroleum jelly like vaseline on the outside and the inside of your nose to soothe dry skin and prevent nosebleeds. (Via Reddit LPT)
9. If your regular lotion isn’t moisturizing your skin enough, mix in a few drops of vitamin E oil in. It’s budget friendly, really good for your skin, and just enhances the lotion you already have. (Via Reddit LPT)
10. Decrease static electricity shocks by increasing humidity. Use a humidifier or a pot of boiling water. (Via Reddit LPT)
Bonus: At the end of winter put a $20 bill in the pocket of your winter coat. Next winter: ca-ching.
(Via Reddit LPT)